Agreement – the contract between you and Gastight Engineering which consists of these Terms and Conditions and any further conditions relating to specific individual services.
Customer/Or You – the person or company entering into this Agreement and the recipient of the services and/or materials.
Materials – any supplies/materials supplied by Gastight Engineering to the Customer
Gastight Engineering/we – this shall mean the company Gastight Engineering Ltd.
The Operative – shall mean the representative appointed by the Company.
1) A quotation supplied by Gastight Engineering does not constitute an offer and may be withdrawn or revised at any time prior to Gastight Engineering accepting your request. Any service settled by the Customers with Gastight Engineering whether or not in response to a quotation shall constitute or be deemed to have constituted an offer to Gastight Engineering to acquire the Materials or services on these terms and conditions and we shall have full discretion in accepting or rejecting any orders.
2) During the term of this Agreement,any material costs amounting to more than £1000 will require a 50% deposit, which can be paid any time up to the job start date but prior to any works commencing.
- Material prices shall be those in our quoted price which Gastight Engineering can change in case of an error or a quoted price is no longer valid.
- Gastight Engineering have the right at any time to revise prices to take into account any increase in costs including costs of any materials, and/or labour.
(i) if, after submission of the quotation, the Customer instructs Gastight Engineering, verbally or in writing to carry out additional works not referred to in the quotation.
(ii) if, after submission of the quotation there is an increase in the price of materials.
(iii) if, after submission of the quotation it is discovered that further works need to be carried out which were not anticipated when the quotation was prepared.
(iv) if, after submission of the estimate it is discovered that there was an apparent error when the quotation was prepared.
- Any Invoices not paid by the customer will incur an interest charge after 7 days of receiving the invoice. This does not include supplemented payments (refer below).
- Any extensive jobs will require supplemented payments once each stage is complete. This will be dated and sectioned within the quotation. Customers will receive a receipt for each supplemented payment made. If supplemented payments are not attained by the end of each stage, Gastight Engineering has the right to discontinue any works until the payment is made.
- The total charge to the Customer shall consist of the cost of materials supplied by Gastight Engineering & the amount of time spent by the operative in carrying out works (including all reasonable time spent in obtaining materials not currently stocked) and any other reasonable expenses incurred to attend site.
3) All Gastight Engineering supplied parts are guaranteed for 1 year.(12 months), from the date of installation.
- The Guarantee shall be for labour only in respect of faulty workmanship for 1 year, from the date of completion.
- The Guarantee will become null & void if the work/appliance completed/supplied by the Gastight Engineering is:
(a) Subject to misuse or negligence.
(b) Repaired, modified or tampered with by anyone other than a Gastight Engineering operative. The Company will accept no liability for, or guarantee suitability of, materials supplied by the Customer & will accept no liability for any consequential damage or fault.
- Gastight Engineering will not guarantee any work in respect of blockages in waste & drainage systems etc.
- If Gastight Engineering agrees to carry out works on installations of poor quality or over ten years old at that date, no guarantee is given to such works and Gastight engineering accepts no liability in the effectiveness of such works or otherwise.
- The customer shall be solely liable for any hazardous situation in respect of Corgi Regulations or Gas Warning Notice issued
- If, after Gastight Engineering has carried out works and the Customer is not wholly satisfied with the works, the customer shall notify Gastight Engineering Ltd within the payment terms of the invoice and shall afford Gastight Engineering, the opportunity of both inspecting such works, & carrying out any necessary remedial works if appropriate. The Customer accepts that if he fails to notify Gastight Engineering within the payment terms of the invoice an interest charge may still be added to the invoice.
4) Ownership of any goods, supplied by Gastight Engineering to the Customer shall not pass to the Customer but shall be retained by Gastight Engineering until payment in full for such goods has been made by the Customer to Gastight Engineering.
Until such time, ownership of such goods, has passed to the Customer:
(i) Gastight engineering shall have absolute authority to repossess, sell or dispose of all or any part of such goods in which ownership remains vested in Gastight Engineering.
(ii) for the purpose identified in (i), Gastight Engineering or authorised representatives shall be entitled at any time & without notice to enter any premises in which goods or any part is installed, stored or kept, or is believed to be.
(iii) Gastight Engineering shall be entitled to seek a court injunction to prevent the Customer from selling, transferred or otherwise disposing of such goods.
Until such time as ownership in such goods has passed to the Customer, the Customer shall insure such goods to their replacement value and will hold Gastight Engineering Ltd free from all and any liability caused by the goods being on site.
5) It is the customer’s responsibility to clear areas where work will be taking place as Gastight Engineering are not liable for accidental damage to mobile household items. The customer should request the help of Gastight Employees to move any items out of working space if required, at no extra cost to the customer.
6) The date &/or time for works to be carried out is agreed by Gastight Engineering with the Customer and Gastight Engineering shall use its best efforts to ensure that the operative shall attend on the date & at the time agreed. However Gastight Engineering accepts no liability in respect of the non-attendance or late attendance on site of the operative/engineer or for the late or non-delivery of materials.
7) These terms and conditions shall be subject to English law.